Every inshore fisherman wants a Best spinning reels that is easy to cast to long distances and rake in marvelous fish weight without much hassles. There are numerous reels available in the market, and then there are the superior ones, whose quality stands unmatched. The real merit of spinning reels is their capability to cater to light lines and cast and drag lightweight lures seamlessly. If you require a smooth drag fishing reel, there are several specially made reels that you might consider purchasing.
If you are fishing enthusiast, it is probable that you are looking for a great spinning reel. Whether you are casting all the time or on weekends, you cannot go without landing a spot with so many of the best spinning reels.
You may be looking for a spinning reel that you can use for fun or a heavy-duty machine that you can rake an income with; it has something everyone. Well, here are a few things you should be sure to check out before you continue
Tips for Choosing the Best Spinning Reels
There are numerous technical specifications to look out for when choosing a suitable spinning reel. They are however not too hard to comprehend once you take careful considerations about them. Some specifications may be more vital to others especially with peoples diverging opinion concerning quality and value. The following are some pointers to carefully asses when making decisions on purchasing a spinning fish reel available in the markets today.
Total Weight and Frame Material
Many popular reel frames are cast of magnesium, carbon, plastic, or aluminum. Aluminum and plastic are the most popular however, whilst magnesium and carbon are common on pricier reels due to their low weights and excellent solidness. If you an angling enthusiast, we recommend you to go for the aluminum or carbon framed spinning reels first. This is regarding their toughness, affordability, and lightweight. Plastic reels are do not have the longevity you might require in terms time length.
If you prefer using ultralight fishing reels then click here to read more about ultralight fishing reels.
A quality drag system is an important feature to consider in a spinning reel, especially for the large sizes aimed at catching big fish. A smooth drag-in system lets you reel big fish on smaller lines. You require the drag to work smoothly on the hook set and when fish dive and without any jerking that might suddenly break off your line. The quality of the drag is directly dependent of the reel’s pricing.
The bearings enable smooth movement of the handle and spool. A quality spinning reel requires 4 or 5 bearings, any more just adds cost onto a reel. A good spinning reel needs bearings on the main handle shaft, the main gear, the anti-reverse, and a roller bearing for the line. If you get reels with 8 and more bearings, they are just a fad and are replacing the bushings inside with bearings thus not necessary.
Below are some of the high ends and cost friendly best fishing reel brands we pin pointed from several online spinning reel reviews.
Best Use of Spinning Reels
Although you can use these reels in the deep water casting, they are very efficient in small lakes and outer shores. Since casting in deep rocky waters may catch heavyweight that the reel may not be able to bear, leading to damage or faults.
It is normal that spinning reels, like any other reels in the market, come with some their defects too. However, what's more, prominent about some of these reels is their frailty, which sees some break early into their working, especially with heavyweights. Nevertheless, some are superb and make it very far.
If you prefer using saltwater spinning reels then I recommend reading this guide from here
Best Spinning Reels: Quick Comparison
|Pflueger Supreme XT||Comfortable when dragging fish|
|Shimano Stradic ci4+ 2500||Good for Long range Casting|
|Abu Garcia Revo SX||Sturdy and powerful handle|
|Shimano Symetre Reel||Affordable Reel|
|Abu Garcia Revo S||Not pricey and friendly to maintain|
|Abu Garcia Orra S||Ultralightweight & durable spinning reel.|
|Pflueger President Reel||Ultralight Reel with with a better lighter foot.|
|Michel 308PRO-C Reel||Reel comes with an anti-reverse smooth operation|
|Shimano Spirex RG||Best Spinning Reel under 75|
|Okuma Ceymar||Best Spinning Reel under 40|
Here are The Top 10 spinning reels for bass 2017
Before you get into investing in Spinning reels in the market, it is wise to get an insight on what to expect. Here is a review of a few of them that you may find useful in settling for your decision.
1. Pflueger Supreme XT
It is a cost friendly high-performance reel manufactured by Pure Fishing. The Supreme XT is made from top quality materials. Its body, rotor, and side plate are all magnesium making it very light and balanced. The handle is constructed of strong and light carbon fiber.
Pflueger also has EVA foam knobs on the reel. From several online reviews I have read from the Pflueger has high ratings and is favored by many users for it gives the quality performance for years.
- The Pflueger is lightweight
- Equipment which is extremely reliable for all mannerisms of angling.
- This reel is also spectacularly comfortable when dragging fish.
- the reel wobbles when trying to drag in bigger fish.
- The magnesium body and its bearings are not suitable for long durations in salty water.
2. shimano stradic ci4+ 2500
This is a waterproof five ball bearing reel has an aluminum handle that is easy to turn when dragging in. It has a graphite rotor, side-plate, and paladin gears for durability. The Stradic is adequately recognizable due to its almost all white finish. The reel also has Aero Wrap II oscillation that reduces line friction for longer range casts.
shimano stradic ci4+ 2500 provides you with instant hook-setting power that increases the efficiency during the retrieve. The powerful reel has an actual maintenance port for quick and easy fixes. The Shimano Stradic spinning has a high online review rating by fishermen.
- The Shinamo Stradic has Mono Line Capacity of 6/230 8/170 10/140
- That enables long range casting and the easy nature to quick fix is an added superiority.
- Although it its more compact you might not attach a decent line to it.
3. Abu Garcia Revo SX Spinning Reel
Abu Garcia is one of the most trusted fishing providers on the market and offers one of the best bass reels on the market. This particular model holds up to 160-yards of 12-pound line. This makes it a great choice for deep-sea fishing, where depth is so important for success. It also includes a computer-optimized gear design that creates an efficient and reliable gear system.
Other benefits of this reel include a graphite rotor, a high-powered gear box design, Rocket line management, Rocket spool lip design, an anti-reverse switch, and a Flat EVA knob that lasts longer than other models.
The Abu Garcia Revo Sx spinning reel is almost similar to the Pflueger Supreme XT in appearance. The most notable differences are its materials and weight for it has an aluminum gear set and a carbon molded frame, side-plate, and magnesium handle alike to the Supreme XT.
It is made by Pure Fish and is reputable since it has an ultra smooth Carbon Matrix drag system. Online spinning reel reviews recommend the Revo SX reels for all applications like drop shots and shaky heads to wacky rigs and flukes. Another great feature is that it holds more and heavier lines.
- This reel is larger.
- extra powerful handle compared to the available products in the market and has got a massive 17 lb drag.
- a super strong spinning reel that is very effective in dragging in heavy fish
- This reel is however quite pricy as compared to other products in its class.
- This reel doesn't come with a spare spool and is thus costly to maintain.
4. Shimano Symetre Spinning Fishing Reel
This might be a worthy investment for the anglers who favorite for all kinds of freshwater action-and some in shore saltwater reeling. The Shimano Symetre is constituted with super features like a-rb bearings, propulsion, fluid rive II and s-concept.
This reel comes with an Ultra Thin M compact body designed for a smaller profile, reduced weight, and improved ergonomics. Other reels are extremely costly but the Symetre is cost friendly, lighter than other reels and with a firm body.
Spinning reel reviews rate the Shinamo Symetre at a massive five star and over, thus cementing it as reliable equipment to the everyday angler. The line management is solid on this reel and after a day of casting with another reel they might suddenly end in an explosion. With the Symetra it is different with many trips before any line twist, and when it does occur it does not prevent casting like other cheap reels do.
- The reel is cheaper than its earlier versions.
- The bell is quite fragile and may easily bend.
5. Abu Garcia Revo S Spinning Reel
This spinning reel is manufactured by Pure Fishing and many online spinning reel reviews rank it among the top ten. It is however considered an inferior to the Garcia SX model, mostly because of its lighter body and rotor, weighing at only 8.5 ounces, made up of polymeric. The body houses a single brass gear that provides great cranking power.
This reel boasts of the highly regarded Carbon Matrix solid drag system that allows for long range casting while sustaining very stable and smooth spinning. Its quality drag, solid components, light weight and attractive nature are a favorite to many anglers; then again it is somewhat cost effective for those with light pockets.
- This reel is superior in that it prevents reverse objectively.
- The singer gear gives the user a more tangible contact and great control too.
- It is not pricey and friendly to maintain
- Up to nine ball bearings for smooth spinning.
- However, the polymeric material is not suitable for heavy drags.
6. Abu Garcia Orra S Spinning Reel
You can get yourself the Garcia Orra Sand see it in action. With its sleek design and a seamless combination of design and X-craft efficient gearbox, this reel never disappoints.
You can count on its corrosion resistant stainless steel shaft offers you reliable durability, while its six HPCR bearings for smooth operation. Moreover, the new rocket line system gives you a better control while casting, no matter what type of line you are using.
- This reel's drag system gives you the experience you want with silky smooth but powerful drag
- Its spool is ideal for long-distance casting, with the balancing being one of a kind.
- Its combination of ease and power gets the job done.
- The bail may snap, leaving you with no choice but go for repair or replacements.
- It is possible that your reel will also break the bail arm while spinning.
7. Pflueger President Spinning Reel
This reel offers a great deal with its anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing. This gives you a service beyond the obvious, not to mention its double anodized aluminum spool with a stable lightweight and braid ready.
You can also get a smooth operation, thanks to its nine stainless steel ball bearings.
- This reel is ultra light with the new type coming with a better lighter foot.
- The drag system is running very smooth yet very sturdy.
- Additionally, you are in for a rock solid reel, even when dealing with heavy bass.
- Sometimes you may experience its functioning as somehow wobbly and thus short of the balancing you may be searching.
8. Michel 308PRO-C Reel
With Michell, you will only need to part with about $xx, and you are in for a real action. This reel comes with an anti-reverse smooth operation, which offers a better service, besides its simple design with a strong body.
That's not all yet, with the multi-disc drag system and high-performance gear system, you are always on the up side of great fishing fun.
- This reel's drag system offers an ideal and reliable heavyweight bass lifting.
- Its spool is well balanced, tight and efficient, with a distant-casting assurance.
- Well, its material is also heavy duty and scratch resistant, giving you quality from inside out.
- You may experience breakage of the reel, possibly after several months of use..
9. Shimano Spirex RG Spinning Reel (6:2:1)
This gorgeous reel is capable of a variety of line capacities, including 2/270 and 61110. This makes it appropriate for a wide range of fishing types, from casual at-the-river fishing or even deep-sea fishing. It has a maximum drag of six pounds, though, which probably does limit its use when fishing for heavy-duty and hard-fighting fish.
The gear ratio is an average 6.2:1, making it a useful choice for fishers who just want a reel that they can use in multiple fishing experiences. It weighs less than a pound (just under 10 ounces), making it a light addition to any rod. It comes with a variety of awesome amenities, including a propulsion line management system, quick fill one-handed casting, vary speed Oscillation, power roll, and five shielded stainless steel ball bearings.
This reel goes for only $xx but is one of the reels you should check out. It's quick firell feature offers you effortless casts, with the bearings offering unparalleled silky-smooth retrieval.
With a rear drag system and a propulsion line management, shielded stainless steel bearings and lightweight graphite frame, You have the ideal combination of featherweight and power in one machine.
With other positives, like easy one-handed casting, a fighting-drag system, and construction out of cold-forged aluminum, this reel is one of the best reels for bass fishing. However, there are many others to check out on this list, so don't fall in love just yet.
- its Outstanding features offer a lasting Service
- with the dragging you a great tuning experience, Very easy and fast.
- its operations are also smooth and balanced.
- The side tab casting offers fast and easy casting, not to mention the casting trigger.
- which makes sure you get the most rapid casts ever.
- Not to mention the casting trigger
10. okuma ceymar lightweight spinning reel
You can get this reel under $50, and free shipping. Well, this is a combination of efficiency and style. Why not try this reel's hybrid graphite and aluminum lip spool and see how it goes.
On the other hand, the hybrid body and rotor body gives you a Crossover construction. Its spool offers an assurance of stability and smoothness, with a drag system giving you all you need for productive fishing.
- The drag is strong and sufficient to keep your reeling comfortable.
- Comes with a smooth and reliable retrieve.
- You can also be sure of the drag's fast response to engage instantly and give you an excellent service.
- Possibility of experiencing cracking sound and poor reeling.
- Which may be because of the lack of sufficient gear connection to keep it from slipping off.
A clear cut win
The Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 is the clear winner among all the best spinning reels we have pointed out. Its magnesium rigid body frame and smooth graphite components make it a light weight yet great choice for the fanatic angler. What’s more is its five bearing system that assures of smooth and rapid drag-in. It is available in different capacities from 1000 up to 8000 and is a remarkable selection for bass fishing and saltwater fishing. As compared to the Abu Garcia Revo S 20 or the junior Shimano Symetre the Shimano Stradic is more solid and smooth in operation even when working in strenuous conditions such as feisty or enormous fish.
Other than that this spinning reel has a great online spinning reel reviews rank rate with many fishermen and amateur users hailing the Stradic as popular favorite. Its solid gearing, rigid frame, and handle, combined with the smooth drag performance are also some of the high ends features that guarantee that the Stradic will not disappoint